First Eucharist at St. Pius X
To prepare for a Sacramental Celebration at St. Pius X the child needs to have foundational catechesis; which means that the he/she has participated in at least one year of Faith Formation or Catholic School the year immediately prior to the year she/he prepares for a sacramental celebration.
The preparation to celebrate First Eucharist is done separately from the regular catechetical programs that the child is enrolled in, either in one of our Faith Formation Programs or as a student at St. Pius X Catholic School.
Criteria of Readiness to Prepare for and Celebrate First Eucharist:
- Baptized in the Roman-Catholic Church
- Celebrate Mass on a weekly basis
- Foundational Catechesis
- At least 7 years old, which is the age of reason per Canon Law
- A desire to receive the Eucharist.
- Understand that the Eucharist is the Body and Blood of Christ and not ordinary bread and wine
- Having prepared for and celebrated First Reconciliation prior to preparing for celebration of First Eucharist
There will be preparation for First Eucharist in the Fall of 2017
and in the Spring of 2018 as well.
- First Eucharist was celebrated
December 17, 2017
- Link to Registration open February 12 – March 13, 2018
- Parent Meetings planned for
Sunday, March 11, 2018, 12:30 pm in the Church OR
Tuesday, March 13, 2018 6:30 pm in the Gym.
- Mini-Retreats for Parents and Candidates planned for
Sunday, March 25, 2018, 12:30 – 2 pm, AND
Sunday, April 22, 2017, 12:30- 2 pm.
Both Mini-Retreats are in the Church.
- Celebrations of First Eucharist planned for
April 28, 2018 – 5 Mass; April 29, 2018 – 8:30 Mass and 10:30 Mass
May 6, 2018 – 8:30 Mass and 10:30 Mass
For more information, please contact Johan Engström at (585) 247-2566 x112