Confirmation at St. Pius X
COME HOLY SPIRIT …
We asked our Confirmation candidates to reflect on how the Gifts of the Holy Spirit would Strengthen and Change Life, and then write short reflections focused on what the effect of that would be.
Click on this link for the Reflections.
To prepare for a Sacramental Celebration at St. Pius X the candidate needs to have foundational catechesis; which means that the he/she has participated in at least one year of Faith Formation/Youth Ministry or Catholic School the year immediately prior to the year she/he prepares for a sacramental celebration.
Signs of Readiness for Confirmation Prerequisites:
- Baptized Roman-Catholic, at least in Eighth (8) Grade
- Celebrating Mass on a weekly basis at St. Pius X Church
- Building the Kingdom of God through Service in both Church and Community
- Growing in understanding of what Catholic Church teaches and beliefs through regular catechetical programs
The preparation to celebrate Confirmation is a 2-year process
with “prerequisites” to complete during the two school years
before registering for Immediate Confirmation Preparation.
Per Diocesan policy is 8th grade the earliest to start the “prerequisites” in the 2-year process.
Some of these “prerequisites” are done separately from the regular catechetical programs that the young person is enrolled in, either in one of our Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Programs or as a student in a Catholic School.
There is a registration fee for each year of the Confirmation Prerequisite Process.
We waive this fee if you are registered in St. Pius X Faith Formation/Youth Ministry Programs, because the registration fee helps pay for some of the components in the Prerequisite Program.
Prerequisite Program for Confirmation
Come Home for the Sacrament
- Began with Candidate and Parent Information Night
- Family Meetings with Parish Staff happen twice per year, in October and during Lent.
- Growing in faith through primary faith resource – Sunday Youth Nite, Catholic School, Family Faith or Home School.
- Parent – Youth Enrichment gatherings Nov, Jan and Mar.
- Planning and completing service opportunities with home parish.
- Home parish retreat experience at least once per year.
- Connecting with peer community at St. Pius X
by worshiping on a weekly basis at St. Pius X Church.
After fulfilling the prerequisites in the proximate preparation a young person may enroll in the Immediate Preparation to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation.
There is a $40 registration fee for the Immediate Preparation for Confirmation.
Sacrament of Confirmation was celebrated April 29, 2019.
For more information, please contact Johan Engström at (585) 247-2566 x112
Are you an adult looking to become a confirmed member in the Catholic Church?
Join our RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults) process.
All adults interested in being confirmed are welcome to attend.